Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Virtual Reality Playdate

I had an interesting dream last night. I dreamt that I was playing with Alice, and we were having the best time. She was the same age as she is in real life, and looked exactly like she looks in all of the pictures on Susan's blog, but she could talk in perfect sentences. It was so fun! We were swimming and then lying around on the lounge chairs, and she was talking up a storm. I can't remember everything she said, but one thing she said was, "I miss Gobi." And I was like, "Who's Gobi?" And she put her hand to her heart and said, very melodramatically, "One of my very best friends from long ago, but your mom threw him away." !?!?!? Funny. Bizarre.

Most people don't know it, but sometimes you really can fly.

1 comment:

OctopusFingerpuppet said...

This made me laugh out loud! Alice does probably talk like that...it's just not in English yet :)