Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Long Time No Write

It's been forever since I posted anything, but here I am again. The last month or so has been pretty crazy in some ways, and pretty uneventful in others.

I've had to travel a little bit for work lately, and that's been a new experience. I went to Los Angeles one week and then to Boston the next, and by the time I got back from Boston I was really tired of taxis and hotel rooms and airports. But it was fun to hang out with our client J and the people from the publishing company in New York. J and I totally bonded, which was cool. He told me we'd be best friends if I lived in New Jersey. Mostly because we shared our lust for the same hot guy in the focus group in LA, and because we both think Andy Roddick is sexy. And because we both like Project Runway. And Thai food.

In other news, my rats are getting huge. So are their balls. If human males had balls equally proportional to rat males' balls, you'd see guys walking around with two basketballs in their pants. Literally. Seems uncomfortable to me.

I've also gotten sucked into watching the Olympics. I've been taping it each night and then watching it later so I can FF through commercials. I love watching shows that way. SO much easier and takes less time, too. Michael Phelps is awesome. I hate that the Chinese are winning so many medals—they're going to be all smug from now on. And there's something in the water in Jamaica that makes people faaaaast.

I admit it, I watch the sporting events like people watch Nascar. I really want to see errors. I get a little bored when it's one perfect routine or perfect dive after another. I perk up a little and get more interested when someone falls or trips, or there's a false start. Or when people get disqualified. I do feel bad for them, but it definitely ups the entertainment factor of the show.

Okay, I'm a horrible person.

Anyway, things have been all right lately, and I can't believe the summer is almost over. And today's my Mom's birthday. Happy birthday, Mom! :)



When the nest is empty, every night is date night.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The update on your rats' balls cracked me up... :)

And is it just me, or did the Jamaican guy really lose his shit following his win? I swear he was on something...