Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Summer's over already?

I walked outside my house today to get in the car and go to work and all I saw was white. "The hell?" You'd think it was winter or something. Sheesh.

I still haven't pulled my coat out of the closet, because, you know, if I break down and wear a coat then I'm admitting that it's really winter. And I'm not ready to admit that yet. Maybe sometime in January.

Today's the last day of work before our Christmas break, and I'm really sleepy and kind of cold and very bored already at 11am. But I'm just getting through the day because when I walk out the door this afternoon I don't have to come back until January 5th. I'm really looking forward to this time off.

I'll be spending a few days at my parents' house this week and I'm bringing the boys with me. This will be their first trip outside the house since the day I brought them home, so I'm excited about that. I'm wondering how they'll react to the car ride and how they'll be at my parents' house with the dog around. Of course, they'll be safe in their cage the whole time, but there will be so many new smells and sounds and different faces peeking in at them and it will be a very enriching and life-changing adventure for them, I'm sure. Like going away to summer camp or college or something. Maybe they'll be grumpy and resentful when we go back home, because their world has expanded beyond the kitchen table and my looming face and now their old familiar life feels small and cramped and limited.

Oh well, they'll probably forget all about it if I give them a few new strips of paper towel.


Wherever you turn, Bob's always watching.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, new paper towel strips always smooth everything over...

Merry Christmas...